Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Lazy. Lazy, lazy Hilary

  So, I haven't blogged in almost 3 months. I am aware I am made of suck, thank you very much. So let's do the run down. 1) Chris did not get the job in NYC. Which was not that great, but not too bad in the long run.   We still have a nice place to live, he has a job he loves and we don't have to move across the country. 2) the holidays were nice and quiet. We did Thanksgiving and Christmas with my parents. Nice and mellow. 3) I think I have caught every single strain of the flu that has flitted about the call center that Chris works at. It's not his fault, he's great at sanitizing himself and his workspace. What it is is a combo of  my lack of an immune system and disgusting agents that work for him. Not the ones directly under him, but the ones on the customer service battle front. I've seen all the "cover your mouth when you sneeze" ect. things promoted at his work. It's hard to understand the mindset of  using up all of one's sick days in like two months(they get 12) and then coming to work while you are so ill. I was never in a job where I could even call in sick to work, let alone have sick days available. I also only seemed to work in some sort of draconian nightmare of a work place. But, I know the place Chris works at is a draw for college kids with no work ethic and meth users who are running out of unemployment, so you don't always seem to get the best of this area working there. There is a reason I call this place "Methatello".

  I feel like I've passed into full on shut in status as of late. I mean, I bought two new pairs of sweatpants in my last shopping trip. My personal rule is to never wear sweats out of the house. Okay, going to a gym is fine, but not spending all day out and about in them. Especially if you are over 18 and not in a school sport of some kind. Or on a massive road trip. Yes, I do have a list of things and places one can't go in sweats. I am kind of a judgy-judgington about this.

  Alright, on that pompous note here's cats!
 This is Zeus being grumpy that I moved from the bed. He either sleeps above my pillow or between Chris and I . His latest thing is under the blankets during the arctic winter we've been having.
This is an older one of Ares with his cute little tongue, just hanging out. This was end of the the day of Free Comic Book Day. AKA nerd Christmas as you can see from the haul the big 'un is just chilling on. Ares is my  best pal to hang out with during the day. I feel less crazy talking to a cat than just myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment