Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sleep?

The insomnia monster has come to visit again. It's been pretty vocal this time, saying things like "Nope, no sleep til 3 am." or " no sleep until daylight." And, the insomnia monster brought an awesome gang this time. Such lovelies such as summer flu, hives from some hidden wheat source, 90 degree plus weather, and high fever. Oh! and let's not forget about the insomnia monster's best friend, anxiety.
One of the main factors that has helped out good ol' anxiety to settle in here is the fact that I feel like we're being overrun by box elder beetles. I've smooshed about 3 a day in the house, and countless more whenever I leave the building. Bugs of any kind = anxiety in the Hilary. I know intellectually that box elder beetles are harmless, just icky. The problem is I just can't handle them being in my house. I just can't. Depending on how many I've had to deal with in a day, and where they were in the house I could spend hours shaking and getting the shivers. I don't mind sending them to the big box elder tree in the sky, but bugs need to stay away from me.



However, here is Zeus.

4 comments:

  1. Zeus should be able to help you with those beetles, we would think. All of us enjoy chasing bugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is death on flies, which I love. But the demon that is the box elder beetle both of my kitty boys show little to no interest.I've always figured that box elder beetles are the kind of bug that tastes awful as a self defense move. Also, bugs are gross.

      Delete
  2. Hey, kitties. Just checking in. Purrrrrrrss that you all are OK.

    ReplyDelete